Nominate for Conference Leadership
posted on February 03
Members to Missouri Conference leadership – think boards, committees, teams and work areas, like the Board of Trustees, Congregational Development team, Finance and Administration Council, Values team – are nominated on a quadrennial basis by the Nominations Committee. In order for the Nominations Committee to make selections for the Conference leadership, nominees must be in the Conference leadership pool. Any professing member to a Missouri local church or licensed, provisional or ordained clergy-person may be nominated, or self-nominate, into the leadership pool. Visit www.moumethodist.org/nominate to learn more.
Any lay or clergy member of the annual conference can nominate someone and you can self-nominate, too.
- Visit www.moumethodist.org/nominate
- Click “here to make a recommendation”
- You will fill out your information and answer some questions as to why you are nominating the individual and then fill out information about the nominee. You should be prepared to answer the following about the nominee: Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Address Information (the nominee can update or change this information once they receive the nomination form).
- The nominee will receive an email from Nominations at Missouri UMC <email@example.com>. Attached is a sample email the nominee will receive to begin the process of completing their leadership pool profile. The nominee will complete information about their background and demographic information, experience, skills and interests including a FREE spiritual gifts inventory. Lay members must have a pastor reference and clergy members must have a DS reference to be considered for nomination.
- The Office of Connectional Ministries in collaboration with the Nominations Committee will do the rest. The committee will make nominations based on the job descriptions of each committee and team, diversity and needs of the particular need in order to present a complete slate of Conference leaders to the annual conference session for approval.
As a reminder, we are looking for leaders that exhibit:
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact Heather Birge at firstname.lastname@example.org.