posted on March 11
Woods Chapel UMC in Lee’s Summit is looking for a Kids Coordinator. Please share with anyone you think might be interested.
Title: WC Kids Coordinator
Supervisor: Family Ministry Director
Position Description: The WC Kids Coordinator will facilitate a high quality Sunday morning program by creating an exciting and safe environment where every kid can be included, accepted, and loved. They must be relationship oriented, passionate about teaching kids PreK through 5th grade, and committed to coming along side of parents, volunteers, and other staff as they seek to influence the faith and kids and students.
- Must love Jesus and understand the mission of WCC to “connect people to Jesus Christ”
- Previous success in kids, student, or family ministry
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrates strong communication and organizational skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Team player (able to carry out verbal or written instruction)
- Maintain up-to-date safe sanctuaries status for self and volunteer teams
- Participate in the life of the church in ways that present yourself as part of the church, not just family ministry
- Regularly attend Sunday services when possible to nurture your own faith development
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with kids, parents, and volunteers by engaging them face to face and digitally
- Identify, recruit, and empower program volunteer teams
- Plan, prepare, and lead all Sunday morning programming for kids
- Be the contact person for scouting programs with kids.
- Help to draw young families to the church through Upward, events, and community participation
- Assist with the Family Ministry Pathway as needed
- Be responsible for all of the administrative needs for kids ministry
- Coordinate nursery & childcare schedule
- Attend meetings as directed by supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
Details: This is full-time salary exempt position, Monday – Friday at the Lee’s Summit Campus. Hours must include Sundays from 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Jacob Stansberry • Family Ministry Director
Woods Chapel United Methodist Church
Lee’s Summit • Raytown • Blue Springs
816.795.8848, ext. 314