posted on February 09
Central United Methodist Church in Kansas City is looking to hire a Digital Media Specialist.
DIGITAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
Overview: The purpose of the Digital Media Specialist will be to oversee all digital media for Central UMC, including but not limited to social media, print material, and online worship.
Hours: 8-15 hours/week, varying from week to week. With the exception of Sunday morning from 9-11 a.m., these hours can be worked at any time and location.
- Manage social media, including but not limited to sermon series and church events, using materials provided by staff and volunteers.
- Oversee webpage, including updates as needed.
- Assist with worship livestream on Sunday mornings.
- Update church database weekly with worship attendance and membership updates.
- Collate and print weekly order of worship and monthly newsletter.
- Set up email addresses for Central staff.
- Occasional media tasks for Central Early Childhood Center.
- Assist with design of promotional materials.
- Other duties as mutually agreed upon.
Must be fluent in current social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram. Must know or be able to learn ProPresenter, Wix, Adobe and Publisher (or other comparable publishing program.) Skills in live media production, such as soundboard and camera operation, would be useful but can be taught.
In addition, this person must be collaborative, detail-oriented, skilled at planning and foresight, able to self-manage, excellent at communication, and have a willingness to share insights to help evolve and execute agreed-upon objectives.
This position reports to the Office Manager, with supervision from Pastor for worship-related duties. It is non-exempt, with no supervisory responsibilities.
For more information, contact:
Central United Methodist Church
5144 Oak Street
Kansas City, Missouri 64112