posted on September 16
Peculiar United Methodist Church is looking to hire a Student Ministry Director (part time position: Sundays, Wednesday nights, and planning/events/etc.) The pay is $150 weekly. (Peculiar UMC is 20 min south of KC)
Peculiar UMC’s Student Ministry consists of students between 6th & 12th grade and college students. The church is perfectly located directly between RayPec South Middle School and RayPec High School. Our youth come from diverse socioeconomic, racial, and faith backgrounds.
The Student Ministry Director will need to be someone inclusive who can build relationships with any and all students, engaging students within our congregation but also finding ways to reach out to the unchurched and marginally churched students in our community. Individual should be highly energetic, self-motivated, passionate about ministry with students and their families, and committed to helping students grow deeper in their relationship with Christ. This requires teaching, great communication skills, creative event planning, and volunteer team building.
• Follower of Jesus Christ, committed to the Christian faith and able to understand and articulate United Methodist theology and doctrine.
• Experience, training/certification in youth ministry preferred, as well as committed to remaining current with trends and practices of effective youth ministries.
• Leadership skills (able to develop Peculiar UMC’s Student Ministry vision, build teams, develop strategy, communicate effectively, work well with others, servant’s heart, self-motivated)
Student Ministry Director Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with the Pastor, the Children’s Ministry Director, and the Director of Spiritual Formation to provide a comprehensive course of discipleship through each life stage of childhood, adolescence and adulthood.
• Lead and develop ministry on Sundays and Wednesday evenings.
• Develop and implement programming that supports students in their relationship with Christ.
• Establish rapport and effective communication with parents, students, volunteers, leaders and the church (Social media savvy, with high standards of integrity.)
• Multiply ministry by recruiting, developing and empowering volunteer leaders.
• Disciple students in small-group settings
• Equip students to connect other students with Jesus Christ
• Develop leadership skills and practice among students
• Work with other staff to integrate students into the life of the church.
The staff at Peculiar UMC works together to show the community of Peculiar, MO, that a church can be relevant, enjoyable, exciting, and life-changing. We are excited to welcome a new member to our ministry staff team!
Background check & references required. Safe Gathering training will be required upon hire. Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.